At Osborne Appointments we believe that a career is so much more than just a job and we are here to support you on every step of your journey in finding the perfect career for you…
Top 10 Tips for Career Planning:
1) Assess your skill set – Identify your strengths and weaknesses to establish possible career paths and invest in the areas you need to develop!
2) Be proactive - people want solutions not problems and a 'can do' positive and flexible attitude
3) Consider your likes and dislikes - Make time to understand what motivates you. People who are the most successful and satisfied in their careers have proactively determined what they want from work.
4) Make a plan - Having a plan gives you a sense of direction in your efforts to reach your career goals
5) Set short and long term goals - Have a clear vision for your career progression and be flexible about how you get there
6) Build your network - Make time to network and build stronger relationships with those you work with…and those you don’t!
7) Gain Experience – Shadow a colleague or mentor and broaden your experience and skill set
8) Take a training course - Invest in your own development; reading and researching is a great way of doing this!
9) Find a mentor – Share your goals and vision with your manager - having a mentor who is capable of guiding you can ensure you make steady progress in your career development
10) Explore new opportunities – push yourself outside of your comfort zone and consider all new opportunities to be a stepping stone in your career progression!
With OA, you can get advice on the different stages of a job search, including how to improve your interview technique and write an effective CV. We will give you advice on how to search for your first job, get back into work or change career direction.
Head on over to our website www.osborneappointments.co.uk or call our team of experts today on 01707 377088!