Our client is seeking an experienced workshop operative to join there team in St Neots. An exciting opportunity for those who come from a production based background and experience using small tools.
Benefits: Pension Scheme & 20 days holiday, rises to 26 after 3 years
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.45pm with 30 minutes lunch
To manufacture in-house product to the highest possible standards meeting customer expectations. To develop a thorough working knowledge of business production process across all disciplines. To champion quality product and customer service. To assist colleagues, production supervisor and operations manager in the delivery of company objectives.
For the following disciplines;
- Joint Assembly
- Lathe & Milling
- Shaft Preparation
- Post Straightening
- Final Inspection
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritise works orders / job cards as appropriate and organise said as required.
- Manufacture product to the highest standards of workmanship and accuracy as possible.
- Commitment to achieve customer delivery times.
- Work in accordance with the schedule set by the Production Supervisor / Operations Manager or other member of staff as appropriate.
- Work in accordance with instruction and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Paint spray to specification as and when required.
- Programme and run machines as and where required.
- Report all tooling faults to Production Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Ensure that weekly maintenance checks are carried out on all equipment in accordance with standard operations before the start of each shift.
- To ensure all equipment located within the department is properly and efficiently maintained, serviced and available. If works/faults are beyond your skill, revert to Production Supervisor, Operations Manager or service contracts.
- Load/unload equipment safely.
- Ensure that quality is maintained to specific requirements and the highest standards at all times.
- To provide a high level communication to team members and to all other departments as appropriate.
- To ensure all paperwork is correct.
- To ensure that all materials are used efficiently and recorded as required.
- To ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and cleanliness at all times and ensure work area is tidy at the end of each shift.
- To train and guide team members on all aspects of shop floor duties and procedures as appropriate and in line with experience.
- To monitor and enforce all working standards.
- To drive continuous improvement through the department.
- To be accountable for the responsible use of consumables.
- Identify / report any stocks that need replenishing.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of quality documentation.
- Implement and maintain agreed quality procedures.
- Notify the Production Supervisor or Operations Manager of any quality issues.
- Carry out regular in-process and final inspections.
- To maintain professional standards in both personal appearance and behaviour.
- Work in other departments as and when required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Fully comply with company policies including Health and Safety at all times.
Performance Standards (targets, objectives, etc):
- To deliver the best quality product for our customers, free of errors, omissions, reworks and rejects.
- To champion the quality of our product and service.
- Always looking for ways to learn and develop knowledge and experience.
- Take a proactive approach to the maintenance of equipment, a safe working environment and good housekeeping and tidiness.
- Be a positive image within the team and be the first example of how the company wants itself perceived externally.
- Treat colleagues with respect, help them learn and develop and be reliable.
This job description describes the main job duties, responsibilities and activities in place at the time when it was issued. It is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake additional/alternative duties within the scope of this job description and where your skills and/or experience allow. Where additional duties require retraining or training then it will be provided where appropriate.