TEMPORARY WEEKEND WAREHOUSE ASSISTANTS - RIDGMONT - £7.55 - £10.22 PER HOUR
We are currently recruiting several weekend warehouse operatives for our client based on the outskirts of Bedford, at Junction 13 of the M1. This role is being recruited on a temporary basis.
Your main purpose is to contribute to the smooth running of the warehouse and distribution operation. You are responsible for achieving all distribution and delivery targets as required.
Key Responsibilities and Result Areas
- To ensure all products are complete and undamaged on arrival at the warehouse
- Ensuring any damage that is discovered on arrival or occurs during storage and transport is reported and dealt with immediately to minimise in-house damage rates and the costs arising
- Comply with all stock controls including stock turn round targets and financial delivery achievements relative to budgets
- Ensure the delivery of customer orders with the absolute minimum time, achieving stock-turn of 55% or above and within the company guidelines
- Help prepare route plans that achieve the maximum deliveries within the budget, whilst maintaining a high delivery standard
- Communicate fully with delivery drivers to ensure no delivery takes place without payment being received and that all delivery instructions are clear
- To provide excellent service during all interactions i.e. during collections, phone calls etc.
- Comply with all policies and procedures relating to service
- Dealing with customer service issues/complaints promptly and in a sympathetic manner
Ideally the suitable candidates will need to have a very good understanding of English language, a good understanding of warehouse duties and be computer literate. The working hours will be 6am - 2pm Saturday and Sunday.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction.
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.