For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are recruiting for an exciting new opportunity to work as a Warehouse Trainer in a hands on role, on a Permanent basis, for a well-established client based in Dunstable
Permanent Full time Role
Job Title: Warehouse Operative / Site Trainer
37.5 per week
Monday to Friday 10:00-18:00
(Flexibility may be required on occasions to support alternative shift patterns)
HIGH Flexibility required to cover training across all shifts
Paid overtime WHEN exceed 37.5 hours p/week
3 shifts AM/PM/Nights
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Solid experience in similar warehouse environment
• Reach and Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licenses
• Strong communicator with experience of delivering training presentations to groups with a consistent approach
• Awareness of Environment, Health & Safety legislation in relation to chemical-based manufacturing/warehousing
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and work under pressure and work to deadlines
• Pays attention to detail driven by continual improvement and high personal standards
• Experience of developing training documents
• Confident in the use of MS Excel
Purpose of the role:
To carry out all warehouse duties assigned to enable the smooth and efficient movement of stock and ensure the time preparation of customer orders to the highest standard of quality and accuracy. In addition this role will be responsible for conducting site training and pro-actively support H&S and Quality processes.
• To carry out new starter and refresher training across all warehouse functions for all colleagues which will also include a requirement to conduct regular shift briefings and toolbox talks.
• To follow company procedures and processes utilised for the receipt, storage, and despatch of company products, to ensure company-set standards are maintained. To meet daily inbound and outbound schedules, and help satisfy customer requirements regarding product quality and service
• To proactively lead and support Health & Safety compliance on shift, and adhere to safe systems of work in line with company policy and associated legislation. To ensure all accidents/incidents, unsafe conditions and near misses are promptly reported.
• To correctly and effectively carry out the required functions, once trained to do so, in any area of the warehouse i.e. re-palletisation, loading & unloading, picking and despatch, bulk storage, product transfers, returns
• Safe Operating of Mechanical Handling Equipment, complying with company policy and legal requirements. To ensure that all reported damaged/faulty equipment is taken out of circulation immediately and the area is made safe. To ensure that the defected equipment/area is promptly reported to the Shift Manager
• To maintain standards of housekeeping & cleanliness throughout the warehouse, and strictly adhere to the Clean as you go policy. To utilise 5S principles to maintain standards. To avoid but also report stock damage i.e. through poor stacking, insufficient shrink-wrap, incorrect loading
• To proactively lead and support Quality Standards including Continuous Improvement suggestions and sharing of best practice
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct with your CV or call Sarah on 01707 377088
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website