Our client based in Hatfield are looking to recruit a Transport Supervisor to join their busy operation on a permanent basis.
Working closely with the Transport Manager to this role will be responsible for maintaining standards and ensure smooth running of operations in the absence of the Transport Manager.
The ideal person will be a team player star with an excellent interpersonal skill set who strives in working together to achieve their team goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive incoming service requests from customers & action accordingly
- Liaising with drivers & customers to ensure deliveries/collections are running on time
- Planning nationwide deliveries
- Assist to ensure the Company's transport is managed in line with all legal requirements
- Help coordinate vehicle maintenance schedule
- Updating the Traffic Management System to ensure records are accurate
- Dealing with daily operational problems
- Brief and de-brief of all drivers
- Experience within a Transport office role
- Experience in heavy goods haulage including knowledge of drivers hours regulations
- Experience of working with a Pallet Network
- Able to work effectively under pressure and have an assertive manner
- High rate of work and attention to detail
- Strong organisational, co-ordination and customer service skills
- Financially astute to ensure overheads are controlled and revenue maximised
- Articulate with good communication and literacy skills
- Good knowledge of IT applications
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent geographical knowledge and planning skills
- Operate to high moral and personal standards
- Must have transport experience in managing drivers
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.