For more information about this job please contact:
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment?
Are you eager to develop your career in the Transport industry?
Looking for a role where you can develop your skills, and contribute towards the growth of an innovative business?
Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for Transport Planners to join our rapidly growing client based in Hatfield.
- Up to £29,000 depending on experience
- Flexibility with working hours is a must. Standard hours 8am – 6pm, with a rotating shift for “on call” hours including evenings, nights and weekends
- Day-to-day management of transport services
- Operational control of agreed transactions from collection through to delivery and POD return
- Develop and provide managed transport and sub-contract services
- Sourcing third party carriers for ad-hoc needs
- Improvising solutions on a route-by-route basis for ad-hoc and last minute requests
- Customer route negotiation and carrier solution negotiation on a route my route basis
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all sites, key stakeholders, suppliers and customers
- Manage the contracted business and external contracts including review cycles, issue resolution and organic business growth
- Identify target areas in the sub contract industry to feed the new business pipeline
- Develop and build robust relationships with shippers and carriers
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Transport Planner/Freight Forwarder experience
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A general understanding of the UK&I Transport industry
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Confident telephone manner
- Problem solving skills, with a confidence in decision-making ability
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team and also as an individual
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your CV today!
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office).
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.