For more information about this job please contact:
Based in Waltham Abbey, parking onsite
09:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday
£40,000 PA depending on experience
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within one of clients for a Transport Manager to manager their team of 15 within their office in Waltham Abbey in order to drive for improvement through effectively planning managing the team.
A huge part of the role is the legislation of Transport and Logistics so you do need to have a strong understanding or this but preferably have a CPC Certificate.
- Maintaining and developing a positive Health & Safety culture
- Manage the ongoing update of knowledge of all transport legislation to ensure the site operates within company policy and legal requirements at all times
- Manage the company’s legal requirements of monitoring tachographs
- Leads implementation of transport strategies within the business.
- Contribute to the delivery of EBITDA targets, cash flow and budgets, through a reduction in waste, inefficiency and third party haulage
- Builds strong relationships that ensure the delivery of cross functional projects
- Managing a current team of 15 drivers and 2 administrative personnel ensuring effective allocation of duties across 2 sites
- To effectively route deliveries to fully utilise the fleet to maximum efficiency
- Organise third-party haulage (where critical)
- Properly use tracker systems to maximise fleet efficiency
- Manages the budget, forecasting and review process to ensure effective measurement of progress against plan and build clear action plans to address variances
- Regular (weekly/daily) reporting to management on results, agreeing and ensuring remediable action where required
- Book and monitor regular vehicular inspections and services
- Carry out scheduled vehicle checks and rectify defects immediately managing driver debrief including cash collected on route
- Investigate any accidents and liaise with relevant insurers
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through effective annual appraisals and ongoing coaching and mentoring
Skills and experience required:
- CPC Certificate
- Significant transport experience, preferaby in Food sector
- Knowledgeable in transport legislation
- Understanding of managing 3rd party couriers
- Experience of transport planning and routing
- Experience of managing logistics teams
- Understanding of KPI’s and management of cost budgets
- Highly numerate
- Data analysis - demonstrable Excel ability & systems
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience of developing strong internal cross functional relationships
If you think this job sounds like a perfect match then please apply with your up to date CV - we can always go through it in more detail once you have applied!
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.