You will be working within the central hub of this niche business within St Neots. Your mechanic/automotive knowledge will be essential to complete the daily tasks. As a company they endeavour to provide their clients with a swift, efficient, flexible and cost effective solution for any propshaft application. You will be providing excellent customer service via phone, email and face-to-face. To learn the responsibilities of a Trade Counter Operative including the niche product identification, product assessment and market/industry knowledge. This is a busy, hands on role where no two days will be the same.
You could be picking orders, lifting a propshaft from a vehicle, diagnosing the issue, making the decision on the repairs needed, quoting on the items to then organising with the workshop a replacement of the materials needed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the trade counter.
- Assisting customers with enquiries this is where your knowledge within the automotive industry is essential.
- Lifting propshafts (up to 25kg) from vehicles to counter.
- To learn how to give a technical and engineering perspective on incoming enquiries.
- Ensure that the customer experience and their requirements are managed internally and externally.
- To ensure that enquiries, quotes and tenders are prepared and submitted.
- To assist in costings for workshop products.
- To provide shop floor instructions of workshop product as and where appropriate.
- Fully comply with Company Policies including Health and Safety at all times.
Monday to Friday 8.15am – 5.15pm
20 days per year which is reviewed on a yearly basis.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford Office.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.