For more information about this job please contact:
Have you developed skills and knowledge within an Electrical/IT Support Role?
Are you keen to join a small and friendly team, within a technical environment?
Osborrne Appointments are recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to join our client based in Stevenage.
- Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
- £25,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Permanent, full time
- Managing own day-to-day tasks with support from Operations Manager
- 1st line support for Technical Customer Support queries, via phone and email
- Daily contact with customers during support cases
- Liaising with Sales team and Operations to resolve issues and handle queries
- Handle and resolve some 2nd line support cases
- Handing over remaining 2nd and 3rd line support cases to relevant team member
- Creating and maintaining documentation, including FAQs to streamline customer support
- Occasionally installation of equipment for customer trials and planning of installations
- Supporting with software installation and diagnosing system faults and data anomalies
Key Skills & Experience:
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
- GCSE or higher in Maths is required
- Proven ability within Electronics or IT
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Problem solving skills
- Polite and patient telephone manner
Advantageous, but not required:
- Qualification in Electronics or IT
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining SQL databases would be advantageous
- Product testing experience
- Programming experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today!
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office) .
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.