Osborne Appointments are recruiting a Metalwork Department Supervisor for our client, an industrial business based in Letchworth Garden City.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Permanant opportunity for the right person!
Working Hours (subject to work hours may differ)
- To Provide an efficient quality focused service
- To supervise all metalwork as requested
- To maintain and record all manufactured items
- To supervise and train metalwork staff, report newly achieved skills/tasks to the management, help set targets for staff.
- Supervise and/or carry out the setting up of the Brake press cell to achieve maximum output and quality.
- Supervise the Punch cell to achieve maximum output and quality.
- Supervise the Laser cell to achieve Maximum output and quality.
- Supervise the P2 cell to achieve maximum output and quality.
- Check Quality, ensure reportee’s stack/label and count parts against the labour paperwork before releasing to other departments.
- Supervise and/or carry out daily operational checks as required by BFL, ensure results are visible and report all findings to the Metalwork Manager.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to help set priorities/targets for welding operatives.
- Liaise with the Production Manager to help set priorities/targets for the nightshift.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Production Manager, liaise with external engineers as required.
- Be aware of health and safety.
- As and when directed by a manager, undertake any other tasks set.
- Experience of sheet metalwork/fabrication.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to sort and prioritise workload and paperwork.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm, welcoming demeanour.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and risk assessments.
Please call Roxanne or Sarah at Osborne Appointments if you are interested, or apply directly with your most recent CV.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.