For more information about this job please contact:
SENIOR PIPETTE TECHNICIAN - ST NEOTS
We are a leading global source of laboratory and industrial fluid handling products, instrumentation, equipment, and supplies. We are proven experts in the fields of temperature measurement and control, electrochemistry and fluid handling. Our products are sold throughout the world through company-owned customer channel outlets and a strong network of international dealers.
We are looking for a Senior Pipette Technician to be based at the St Neots site.
To lead and deliver an effective and efficient service for in-house pipettes and occassionally to support the field technicians with on-site calls. Instrumental for achieving the UKAS accreditation and take our service business to the next level.
- Input and maintain the integrity of data entered into the service report management system.
- Accurately input calibration data of pipettes and equipment in accordance with quality management systems and ISO 8655 procedures.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key accounts contacts.
- Support technical enquiries from on-site customers and in house technicians.
- Continually review work practices and make recommendations to the Pipettes Service Lead & Operations Manager to increase the efficiency of current operations and customer satisfaction.
- Be aware of the company's product services, understanding what the customer requires and relate to back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer's needs.
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues both here and Germany
- Exceed customer expectations through excellent CRM.
- Create action plans to support the field in line with Corporate requirements for growth.
- Travel to Germany may be required from time to time.
- Provide regular reports and analysis to the Pipette and Service Lead as requested.
- Good general standard of education, especially mathematics + English
- Science background
- Knowledge of pipette servicing and calibration in a lead role, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of pipette calibration and calculation.
- Proven customer relationship and management skills of key accounts.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft office suite, Outlook or equivalent and ability to learn and work with bespoke software packages.
- Demonstrable ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Skills and experience in motivating and leading a team.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of complying with quality control procedures and able to demonstrate familiarity with the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 17025.
- You will work as a lead within Pipette Service department and are required to establish effective working relationships with all our companies and including our Service Engineers, Sales Managers, Admin Team.
The business works a normal 5 day/40 hours working week Monday to Friday you may be expected to work additional hours to complete your work as driving to and from customer's sites if occasionally required to do so.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.