For more information about this job please contact:
Are you experience in Transport Planning or Freight Brokerage?
Looking to secure a new opportunity within a rapidly growing startup?
Want a role that offers career progression and great opportunities?
Osborne Appointments are recruiting for a Senior Freight Broker to join their client’s site near Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
- Day to day management of a small but growing team for transactional charging through internal and external business sales
- Individual route margin management & KPI presentation
- Operational control of agreed transactions from collection through to delivery and POD return
- Tactical entrepreneurial improvisation on a route by route basis for the Ad hoc and last minute request market
- Customer route negotiation and carrier solution negotiation on a route my route basis
- Grow the external business via ad hoc requirements - lead generation & cold calling
- Manage the contracted business and external contracts including review cycles, issue resolution and organic business growth
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all sites, key stakeholders, suppliers and customers
- P&L responsibility for transactional activity including operational performance
- Identify target areas in the sub contract industry to feed the new business pipeline
- Develop and build robust relationships with customers and carriers
- Provide detailed data on activity sourced and operational performance to the Senior Broker and operational management
Key Skills & Experience:
- A high level and advanced understanding of the UK&I Transport industry
- Experience in dealing with 3rd party sub-contractors
- Purchasing and sales
- Ability to provide constructive and supportive feedback to team members & peers
- Able to travel within UK&I
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team and also as an individual
- Knowledge of P&L
- Microsoft office skills - specifically Microsoft Excel
- Geographical knowledge of the UK&I
- Problem-solving approach
- Good telephone communication skills
- Leadership experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today! Should your application be successful, you will be contacted by a member of our Commercial Team at Osborne Appointments.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office).
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.