For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for a Quality Inspector to join our client based in Hertford.
Job Type: Permanent
Monday to Thursday, 07:00 – 15:30 / Friday, 07:00 – 14:30
To perform inspection and testing duties to insure that all product fulfil customer specifications and quality requirements prior to shipment.Experience of Dimensional checks utilising measuring equipment experience, Callipers, shadow graph, micrometres slip gauges etc, and calibration of measuring equipment.
- Audit and monitor quality requirements
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies
- Conduct inspections at; first article, in-process, in-coming and final stage
- Document and report inspection findings and results
- Initiate non-conformance reports
- Monitor corrective actions to inspection findings
- Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics
- File incoming component device history records
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints
- Perform material kit audits
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment
- Train employees on the incoming inspection procedures / quality assurance techniques
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
Skills / Experience required:
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment
- Mechanical inspection background (medical components a great advantage)
- Ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.)
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 or ISO/TS 16949
- Proficient ‘machine shop math’
- Competent IT skills
- Confident communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic
To apply, please submit your CV for review.
To discuss this role in more detail, please call Sarah or Roxanne - 01707 377 088
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.