For more information about this job please contact:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a leading UK provider of sealing solutions, for a Quality Engineer to work in a busy team within the Quality Department.
The company’s capabilities include design, development and manufacturing. Based in Bedford, the company has been established for over 40 years, experiencing a healthy growth year upon year. The business is dynamic, fast paced, and engineering led, operating in several key markets such as Oil and Gas, Automotive, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Military/Defence, Medical and Packaging heat sealing solutions. This role is ideal for someone with a background in these areas.
• PPAP: sample review and submission, including the review and completion of all supporting documentation.
• Inspection and measurement of samples according to Technical drawing specifications, and customer individual requirements.
• Direction of Senior QC Inspector and QC personnel, in order to meet dispatch and customer requirements.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers on a daily basis
• Audit of supplier manufacturing sites.
• Investigate internal, external non-conformances, and completion of relevant quality reporting systems e.g. 8D, 4M, FTA
• To help maintain and improve all quality management systems, according to ISO9001 & AS9120B.
• Conduct internal audits, as part of the Audit Team.
• Work closely with all departments to review customer quality requirements, to ensure these are met.
• Continuous improvement of the quality management system and the Company processes.
• Previous experience of working as part of a Quality Assurance function and in accordance with a Company Quality Management System is essential, preferably within an Engineering Environment.
• Previous PPAP experience essential, including PFMEA review.
• Auditor experience.
• Knowledge of quality tools i.e. 8D reporting, 5 whys, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement tools.
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawing specifications.
• Strong communication and organisational skills, with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise own workload and perform effectively under pressure, in a fast-moving environment
• Work well as part of a team, and independently, in order to meet the quality departments deadlines and targets
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude with a desire to learn and succeed.
Key skills are preferred, however not mandatory for the right candidate.
Starting salary £30,000 (Depending on experience) + Bonus + Contributory Pension Scheme + Health Care Scheme.
If this sounds like something you would like to get involved with – and have the right attributes please apply today. Any more info needed please contact Nicola on 01234 347069 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.