For more information about this job please contact:
Do you have at least one year experience in purchasing or production planning?
Are you looking for a new role where you can really make a difference?
Would you like to work for a company that really looks after its team?
I am currently looking for an experienced purchasing planner to join a great team based in St Neots, this company is very secure in the market place being in the medical instrument manufacturing industry and there is scope for a progression.
The purpose of the purchasing planner is to provide exceptional support within our Order Fulfilment Team. Ensure our dates management and holding suppliers accountable for accurate stable dates.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing planner include:
- Review the system suggestions, comparing to forecast and placing purchase orders on our suppliers or transfer stock to replenish the appropriate warehouse. Make suggestions on stocking strategies, working with warehouse operations manager.
- Proactively managing dates and risks for our internal replenishment; working to identify problem areas and identify corrective actions.
- Ensuring all suppliers provide order confirmations with 48 hours and chasing those that are missing.
- Manage date commitments from Suppliers; monitoring changes and ensuring dates are reflected correctly in the system.
- Ensure suppliers with frequent date changes, missing promised dates and late communication have a performance review and work with them for improvements. Escalate any Suppliers who don’t improve to the Order Fulfilment Leader.
- Work with Suppliers to maximise customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Work with Applications Specialists, Product Managers and Customer Service when alternatives are needed or products need to be discontinued.
- Purchasing or production planning experience of 1 year or more.
- Organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to communicate at all levels.
- Good standard in education including Math’s and English with GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above.
- Intermediate IT skills on MS Office Suite.
- Good excel skills and ability to analyse and present data in excel
- Proven ability to work flexibly and accurately and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 360 business central and CRM would be a big advantage (full training will be provided).
Salary £22k, please note that this is being recruited as a contract role for 6 months initially however there is scope for a permanent position for the right person
For more information please call Kelly at OA on 01234 347069.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.