Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant for our well established client based in Welwyn Garden City.
Job Type: Temporary
Purpose of Role:
Assist the purchasing department in the co-ordination and management of the supply chain, ensuring costs are controlled, customers are satisfied and the reputation of the organisation is enhanced.
- Identify critical stock outs and devise action plan to rectify
- Daily inventory management, including stock analysis, forecasting and usage
- Daily order acknowledgment and expediting deliveries as required
- Ensure agreed supplier terms are utilised
- Assist with monthly supplier performance reviews
- Work closely with goods in and accounts department to resolve supplier delivery discrepancies
- Assist buyer to maintain data integrity of stock items details
- Continual maintenance of regulatory information connected to products purchased
- Maintenance of the purchasing department’s supplier library
- Supporting sales team with non-stocked ‘special item’ quotations
- Building relationships with suppliers and customers
Experience / Skills required:
- Previous experience working within a purchasing department preferred
- Strong IT skills – In particular Excel
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills - Ability to assess and interpret different types of data
- Proactive, positive and results driven
- Focused and structured approach to workload.
To discuss this role in more detail, please call us - 01707 377 088
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.