For more information about this job please contact:
Purchase Admin - £22,500
Our Client, a dynamic and fast moving national distribution compnay are looking for a moviated and conscientious individual to join the Purchasing Department.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, and most importantly have excellent attention to detail.
• To work with suppliers, colleagues and team members to provide an excellent service.
• Ensure information is processed and communicated efficiently and accurately.
• Maintain system data to ensure it is current.
• Act as the key point of contact in relation to supply of product, to liaise with suppliers, sales and other departments.
• Ensure excellent service levels in all aspects of the job role to promote and support smooth and efficient running of the business.
• Administration of purchase orders for suppliers.
• Liaise with suppliers in relation to purchase order processing.
• Manage the order book, and expedite outstanding orders.
• Liaise with internal and external sales on availability.
• Deal with day to day enquiries into the department.
• Coordinate phasing out old product and introducing new.
• Identify slow moving or discontinued product and take necessary corrective action.
• Work with other departments to resolve issues.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Excellent numerical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Competent using MS Excel and Outlook.
• Able to provide excellent customer service at all levels.
• Ideally coming from a purchasing or planning environment. Preferable although not essential to have experience of appliances, fitted kitchen / bedroom furniture, or sinks and taps. Coming from a distribution or retail business would suit.
The Company offers great prospects and a very competitive salary for the right calibre person.
If you have a real desire to succeed, are dynamic and bright, well presented and an excellent work ethic then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Milton Keynes Office.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.