For more information about this job please contact:
Project Engineer / Manager
This company is one that is a constantly thriving and challenging company – where you work with new and up to date machinery and tools and are able to really experience a different sort of work! A fantastic company with lots of opportunities.
What you need:
A good understanding of electrical and mechanical
Basic understanding on sensors
Computer driven machinery
Need basic understanding of IO or PC
Understanding of Automation systems
Project Engineering is responsible for the management of Capital procurement projects for Operations and R&D within this company. Projects can take the form of technically advanced bespoke automated production & test equipment. As a project manager / Engineer you will be responsible / input on for Production tools throughout design, build and validation phases of projects. Project engineering will also take the lead in the supply of R&D and test equipment using the same methodology and accountability. New equipment projects are run alongside upgrades of existing tools, the retrofit of current technology to legacy equipment or software and hardware upgrades in support of the product development roadmap of the business.
You will mainly be based on site but also be able to work from home sometimes where needed to get tasks done such as your admin and calls etc to be completed.
- Adapting to change within a fast paced Project environment
- Successful communication with senior management and other stakeholders to secure support for the project
- Working to demanding timescales
- Working with products and processes where component scale is smaller and tolerances are much tighter than within a typical manufacturing environment.
A little more about you and your Experience required / preferred:
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that enable successful coordination of project activities across different functional groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to report project status succinctly, highlighting to management all information that is of particular importance
- Good commercial awareness
- Rapidly responsive to emerging threats, putting action plans in place to minimise negative impact to project cost or schedule
- Attentive to detail, quality-conscious and results-oriented
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision with good prioritisation skills
- A sound understanding of Project control tools and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of problem solving techniques e.g. 6 Sigma, 8D, A3 process including Data analysis
- The Management of complex capital equipment projects including budgets
- Desirable but not essential is knowledge of optical systems, chemical handling systems, robotic assembly cells, Electrical interconnect equipment & bespoke PC controlled automation and test equipment.
If this sounds like the role for you – and you have some or most of the above! Then plase get in touch with me today…. I can tell you more about the company where needed as well as checking against criteria given to me, and go in to detail more about the role.
Call Nicola on 01234 347069 or Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org for any info not covered above…
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.