Osborne Appointments are working with a Bedfordshire based company that was established over 45 years ago wish to recruit a Project Engineer.
The primary duty of the Project Engineers is to take responsibility for contracts from the receipt of order through to completion.
• Review the contract at the outset and check for any discrepancies between our quotation, acknowledgement of order, any proposal drawings, and the customer's specifications and expectations.
• Agree a schedule with the Sales, Technical, Electrical Engineering and Factory Managers that also fits the customer's schedule, and to ensure that all key dates on this schedule are met.
• Supervise the preparation of the layout drawings for the customer to approve.
• Obtain the customers approval of the designs before the detailed design is done.
• Ensure all items to be purchased that may have a long lead time are pre-ordered in time.
• Ensure the project financial milestones are met.
• Supervise the detailed design work.
• If a main system control panel is included ensure that the Electrical Department has sufficient details and time to be able to produce a good quality panel at a good price.
• If the programming of main system control panel is included check the software has been written and thoroughly tested with the control panel prior to delivery.
• Keep a detailed list of all deviations from the quotation and the contract as defined at the time of order. The Sales Engineer is responsible for negotiating all variations in price but can only do so if kept informed.
• Be available to answer questions for the factory at all times and ensure there are no delays through lack of information.
• Check the manufacturing is proceeding as intended. It is never too late to correct a mistake but the earlier it is picked up the lower the cost of rectification.
• Invite the customer to inspect the equipment at a time that suits the manufacture. Ensure that delivery arrangements are made and that all relevant parties are informed.
• Ensure manuals and spares quotations are prepared and sent early.
• Where appropriate supervise subcontractors during installation.
• Commissioning of the equipment.
• Offer a technical backup service for the life of the equipment.
At all times it is essential that the Project Engineer is aware of the status of each of his contracts and that all relevant parties are kept informed.
In addition to these duties it will be necessary to help cover for the other Project Engineers when they are absent from the office.
This position will require the successful candidate to work outside these hours on regular occasions as necessary or appropriate for them to carry out their duties properly. Maintaining communications with colleagues and clients outside of normal working hours may also be required for particular projects.
Overnight UK trips and overseas travel may also be a requirement of this position.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.