Osborne Appointments are recruiting for a Production Engineer on behalf of our client, based in Welwyn Garden City on a Permanent basis.
Do you have engineering experience?
Do you have good computer experience including CAD, AutoCAD, databases and Microsoft excel?
If so we would love to hear from you!
Profile and Key Competences
As a Production Engineer you will hold a very important role within the organisation.
You will need to be a good team leader, player and motivator and able to communicate effectively with the setters, supervisors, managers and at all levels of the company.
- Responsible for the procedures used in the manufacturing process you will contribute to the design and development of tooling for cold forming machines.
- Assemble and test tooling, modify drawings to record any changes and compile set up sheets.
- Undertake Production Engineering tasks as and when required including organisation of maintenance and machine service activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Help in the initial determination of forming sequences.
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot all steps of the manufacturing process seeking improvement in procedures where necessary.
- Consider all health and safety aspects of those manufacturing and using tooling.
- Liaise with all departments to discuss product and process development and initial tool trial results.
- Raise set up sheets and tool schedules.
- Record any changes, update drawings and liaise with setters and tool coordinator on re-ordering tools, modifying tool stocks.
- Analysis of data and the production of graphs and progress charts for the purpose of visual display.
- Supervise production as and when required to ensure that deadlines are achieved. Implementing project schedules and plans in a timely manner.
- Training workers on safety and quality assurance protocols, providing technical support where required.
- Interpret complex drawings to make recommendations for the manufacturing process both in cold heading and machining.
- Familiarisation and eventual management of maintenance service schedules, procedures and controls reporting to the Production Manager on timing and duration of downtime.
- As part of the Company succession plan taking overall responsibility for Maintenance in the course of the next two years.
- Responsible for routine and breakdown maintenance cover and organisation.
- Working closely with Tool Co-ordinator to gain understanding of tooling management process for the business.
- Responsible for the Tool room.
Non-Essential Job Functions
This is not an all inclusive job description and there will be times that the position holder will be asked to perform miscellaneous other duties, as assigned, but not essential to this particular job.
Working Hours: -
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 15:30pm with one 30 min unpaid break part way through the day.37.5 hours per week
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct with your CV or contact Roxanne or Sarah on 01707 377088 to discuss potential opportunities available for you.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.