Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client, a designer, manufacturer and installer of bespoke doors and windows for clients and specialist construction companies, based in Welwyn Garden City.
Our client is looking for a Production Assistant to work along side their current highly experienced small production team. The main responsibility of the role will be to assist in all stages of the manufacture of high quality bespoke steel, bronze, corten and stainless steel doors and windows.
- Reading and comprehending drawings, instructions, technical manuals
- Collecting all materials, tools and equipment to complete the tasks in hand
- Taking precise measurements and ensuring good fit of components
- Maintaining a high quality finish in all production processes.
- Co-ordinate and keep good records of delivered material quantities and goods shipped to and from out sourced suppliers.
- Report any and all issues, malfunctions or defective parts, materials and equipment.
- Manage consumable and material stocks
- Maintain tools and equipment in good condition
- Ability in using power hand tools and equipment eg hand drills, clamps, machines, sanders etc.
- Ability to read drawings and technical manuals
- Good understanding of quality control
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and physical condition.
- Excellent time keeping
You must have a good ability to work with your hands and have good technical knowledge and manual dexterity.
You will keep the production process serviced with necessary consumables and manage stock materials and coordinate the flow of materials to and from outside suppliers.
The hours for this position are 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 2pm on a Friday. This position had an added benefit of 33 days annual leave entitlement including bank holidays.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.