PROCUREMENT OFFICER – MILTON KEYNES - £33,000
• Do you have proven procurement experience?
• Have you implemented and managed procurement tendering activities?
• Do you have experience of working within a multi site business?
Our client a leading company in central Milton Keynes, are looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Officer.
Overall purpose of the role
• Reporting to the Head of Procurement and based at the Milton Keynes Head Office.
• Responsible for procurement management across allocated supply/service categories supporting central shared service activities as well as procurement activities across deployed operations.
• Under the direction of the Head of Procurement, manage effective relationships with allocated key suppliers to optimize commercial arrangements throughout the supply chain.
• Support to the other members of the Procurement team in the management of the business’ Procurement functional processes and controls, as well as support to cross-business functional training & development initiatives.
• To be an active member of the ‘Procurement Community’.
• Implement and managing procurement tendering activities
• Prepare tender documentation and participate in supplier and contractor selections and negotiations
• Obtain quotations from an appropriate range of suppliers for each project in line with the specification and scope supplied
• Review supplier quotations and ensure all documentation is in order
• Ensure appropriate technical, PM and legal reviews have been carried out prior to contract award
• Ensure the appropriate and most ‘cost-effective’ goods or services are sourced for the projects
• Produce and manage procurement reports which include tender reviews and recommendations
• Ensure that the appropriate contract is raised in a timely manner, documentation is kept up to date and suppliers return signed documents in a timely manner
• Liaise with suppliers and mange relationships
• Maintain procurement files and include all relevant items such as quotes, tenders, LOIs /LOAs, contracts purchase orders and other ad-hoc correspondence and chase any outstanding items
• Supporting a wide range from business plans to completion, through handover to the operational teams
• Maintain procurement programme and progress report for all live projects and all relevant aspects to provide regular updates
• Promote best practice and ensure all relevant Company procedures are followed and adhered too.
• Ensure procurement and services are delivered on time to the agreed scope and on budget
• Proven experience within procurement is essential
• Certified training in procurement is essential
• CIPS membership would be desirable
• Health, Safety and Environmental knowledge would be beneficial
Apply with your CV immediately or contact Louise Oakley on 01908 921090
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business