For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are recruiting for a Procurement Analyst to join our client based in Welwyn Garden City.
Looking for an enthusiastic individual with excellent analytical and attention to detail skills. This self-starter will be confident in building relationships with suppliers but can also challenge them when required. Also someone who has a very strong sense of their own initiative, logic, curiosity, and common sense!
- Prepare tenders for submission to energy suppliers
- Analyse consumption data, bespoke and price book energy quotes using excel
- Provide feedback and negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best pricing possible
- Present results via email to the relevant account manager for each particular tender
- Review contracts thoroughly before sending accepting with suppliers
- Ensure the company contract database is accurately maintained at all times
- Keep up-to-date with energy market intelligence to continually develop knowledge
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks issued by the Utilities Procurement Manager
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking, prioritisation and attention to detail skills
- Strong numeracy, problem solving and analytical skills
- A natural team player with a desire to ensure team targets are always met
- A willingness to adapt, be flexible and continuously improve existing processes
- Proven experience in building relationships over the phone and in meetings
- A thirst for knowledge and keenness to develop through own resourcefulness
- A ‘can do’ attitude capable of challenging what they’re being told by suppliers
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Excel proficient
- Prior experience of working in, or an understanding of UK energy and/or water markets.
- Excel strength and Power BI knowledge
- An interest in working in complex but interesting markets that are affected by many different global factors.
- Academic qualifications in Business Studies and / or Economics
The successful applicant will play a pivotal role in helping deliver a core service to all of our members and should expect a varied and challenging workload but their initiative and perseverance will see them through. Full training and support will be provided for all of the above.
Please apply today with your CV !
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office).
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.