For more information about this job please contact:
PROACTIVE ACCOUNT MANAGER - £20,000 - £22,000 OTE £36,000 PA. - ST NEOTS - PERMANENT - 9AM - 5.30PM MON - FRI
Based in the heart of St Neots this well established and expanding company is looking to employ a Proactive Account Manager to work wiithin their lively sales based office due to an internal move.
Offering not only a great basic salary between £20k - £22k per annum but also an achieveable OTE of an extra £14k per annum in commission.
This role would suit someone who has proven experience of account management and sales, an understanding of forecasting and a history of exceeding sales targets.
The Internal Proactive Sales Account Manager is responsible for managing a geographical area and securing revenue against targets for all products.
You will be targeted with meeting revenue goals from allocated area accounts, building relationships with existing contacts and promoting products, services and other offerings. The job holder also needs to gather and feed back competitor information and activity to the Internal Sales Manager.
You will also be responsible for meeting activity targets such as number of outbound calls and for helping to set customer pricing in line with our competitors and so secure further business.
The Internal Proactive Account Manager works to achieve targets set on a monthly basis and developing accounts to deliver their maximum potential.
- Achieves set revenue targets within a geographical area
- Promotes products and services
- Gathers and feeds back on competitor and market information
- Prioritises and manages daily workload
- Attends sales meetings and prepares requested information
- Completes weekly sales reports
- Follows up leads generated through marketing activity
- Meets Product sales volume targets
Success in this role depends on great organisational skills coupled with advanced phone selling and Account Management skills. The Proactive Sales Account Manager must also be a team player, who is supportive towards other team members and is able to act on their own initiative. Effective negotiating skills and a results driven attitude are also essential for successful performance.
- Sales Development
- Build customer relationships and promote products and brands
- Utilise all marketing tools to promote to customer base
- Set customer pricing to be inline with competitors
- Increase sales by promoting complete solutions
- Achieve monthly GP within geographical area
- Generate target number of quotations per day
- Obtain competitive pricing and feedback for market analysis
- Pass over requested information to the Projects department to obtain price support
- Update ACT database with relevant sales information and competitive feedback so marketing can promote ranges to correct customer base.
- Planning and Reporting
- Input lost orders to ASW so that stock levels can be assessed
- Complete Sales Briefings weekly for team leader to prepare Board Reports
- Attend daily meeting / weekly sales briefings with the Team Leader to discuss current sales activity within the geographical area
- Maintain an accurate record of all sales opportunities and prepare summaries for Sales meetings
- Feedback all quality / stock issues to Internal Sales Manager to resolve
- Attend daily sales meetings held by Team Leader to discuss the market position
- Customer / Supplier Engagement
- Occasionally negotiate with suppliers to secure best price while maintaining the commercial relationship
- Achievement of geographical area targets
- Gross Profit margins
- Objectives Set
- Customer Satisfaction
- A successful performer in this role will:
- Follow the correct processes and procedures for all customer interactions
- Maintain accurate customer records
- Work problems through to resolution on their own initiative
- Take corrective action early when results fall behind expectations
- Go out of their way to share information, expertise and learning with colleagues
- Acknowledge the contributions of other team members
- Deliver company messages accurately and consistently
- Set high personal standards and targets
- Accept stretching targets and pursue them energetically
- Make best use of tools available to plan and monitor their work
- Do all the necessary preparation prior to attending meetings
- Maintain regular contact with customers / suppliers to gain information and develop their knowledge of their business
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical business conduct
- Adapt their work to accommodate changing business demands
- See learning as an important part of their job
- Study top performers and ask for tips and feedback so they can learn from them
- Reflect on things they have done to identify possible improvements for next time
Thank you for your interest in this position. We will try to come back to you within 3 working days. If you do not hear from us, please call the St Neots branch of Osborne Appointments.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business. Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction