PR OFFICER - BEDFORD
Our reputable client is looking to recruit a PR Officer to join their busy Marketing Team ona temp to perm contract.
This is an exciting position for someone with a background in PR and/or law, who is keen to focus on public relations.
As part of a small team, you will work on a variety of projects, but with a particular emphasis on content development and PR. You will already have relevant experience, and must have the ability to work independently but also to become an integral part of our clients team. This is a busy and varied role, and dutues will include the following:
- Assist the Marketing Manager and Deputy Marketing Manager with content development and public relations activities.
- Annual PR calendar – develop and deliver an annual PR calendar in consultation with Marketing Manager and Deputy Marketing Manager.
- Content generation – create website and social media content based on topical news, employer case studies, study tips, employability etc.
- Desk research - review published data on apprenticeships, further education, higher education, legal sector regulation, legal sector careers to identify material for thought leadership articles.
- Press releases – write, gain approvals for and issue press releases on news; maintain media database and develop media relations
- Maintain databases – maintain a database of approved quotes and testimonials; record contact with clients on the CRM system.
- Internal liaison – ongoing liaison and rapport-building with the Business Teams to obtain photos and quotes from events, conferences, inductions.
- External liaison – ongoing liaison with contacts at key employer clients to obtain approvals for press releases, input on content creation etc.
- PR campaigns –develop ideas for, and implement, new PR campaigns eg to generate interest in the business.
- Reporting – monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of content and make recommendations for key improvements and refinements.
- General – carry out other marketing tasks as requested by Marketing Manager or Deputy Marketing Manager.
Candidates must be educated to Degree level or equivalent and previous experience within a similar role is advantageous.
This is a full time role, working from Monday to Thursday 08.45 to 17.00 and Friday 09.00 to 16.00 totalling 35hrs.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction.
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.