For more information about this job please contact:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving company based in Bedford, immediate start (will wait if right person on notice)...
They are within the construction industry so someone with some knowledge or previous experience in this sector is great, but not essential if willing to get stuck in! If you have experience also within accounts / book keeping this would be a huge advantage!
The role will be an office manager however covers a variety of tasks, such as accounts, admin, and customer service.
Office Manager duties to be covered but not limited to:
· To Manage the office daily - answering the office phone, and keeping a watchful eye on each of the business email accounts responding accordingly.
· Daily contact with existing and potential clients via email, telephone, and WhatsApp/text message.
· Completing admin and ad-hoc tasks such as paying parking tickets etc.
· Managing Directors diary including - booking in surveys, site visits for potential clients and pre-start meetings for live projects.
· Paying subcontractors weekly invoices (calculating tax deductions), keeping records/files of and Paying suppliers’ invoices.
· Managing HR Dataset sheets with information required for correct CIS and payroll submissions, printing off and filing payslips and tax information and capturing annual leave/sickness records.
· Monitor energy usage and manage utility supplies, meter reads and billing.
· Daily updating of sales and purchase accounts on Xero accounting package and capture via Receipt bank /DEXT, also reconciling incoming payments received.
· Transposing quotes onto company branded correspondence and keeping track of acceptance progress.
· Raising client contracts in the form of a welcome pack, correctly raising invoices for deposits and staged payments.
· Track new client instructions and send contact details, relevant quote, and floor plan to Architects if required and, if service selected, instruction of building control for clients with own plans.
· Updating client project list and noticeboards.
· Support director with creating a project group for each client on WhatsApp and completing paperwork for subbies/team’s contract prices.
· Sending project spec’s to trades requiring attention to detail that the most up-to-date versions are being used utilising excellent mail trail and file storing skills.
· Manage the recording of any agreed extras for each project to correctly charge back on final invoice.
· Forward electrical certification to the relevant building control office for final BC certificate.
· Send clients final certificates for electrics, building control and gas safe prompting request for positive reviews to be left.
· Keep eye on office equipment, stationery, kitchen & WC items, and reorder as required.
· To help with managing company and assist with creating procedures and contracts as required.
8.30-4.30 Monday to Friday!
If this role sounds for you and you have relevant experience please do apply today... Any questions get in touch with Nicola on 01234 347069 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.