For more information about this job please contact:
Operations Office - £27,500 + Benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity that has just become available for the right person!
The Operations Manager will be working along a small team ensuring the efficient, safe and legally compliant day to day running.
Having management of two direct reports, you will be responsible for their training, ensuring they are following health and safety policies and identifying any further staff training needs.
You will be responsible for managing small projects decided by your Line Manager.
What experience, knowledge and skills are we looking for?
- Track record of managing Assets and Facilities, including management of contractors
- Experience on successful management and supervision of staff, including target setting and performance monitoring, holding appraisal, development and motivation!
- A proven knowledge of Health and Safety, security principals and procedures
- A firm understanding of contract monitoring and management
What will your day to day look like?
General Operations & Asset Management
- Organising and preparing, developing, implementing and reviewing appropriate business plans and performance
- Management of Council Assets
- Asset Management, including reviews, valuations and viability appraisals, implementation plans and programmes for asset acquisition, repair and maintenance
- Responsible for Procurement and Contracting
- Seeking to reduce costs
- Develop good working relationships with service delivery partner organisations and maintain excellent customer care
- Monitoring and demonstrating achievement of agreed SLA's and recommend improvements where you see appropriate
- Supervision of Community Wardens and volunteers in line with the Council's policies and procedures
- Ensuring the full implementation of appropriate policies and procedures and risk assessments for the effective operation of facilities, regularly reviewing and updating when necessary.
- Ensuring facilities meet Health & Safety requirements
- Responding appropriately to urgent issues or emergencies as they arise
- Leading penetrative and reactive facilities maintenance and repairs
- Preparing tenders and quotes for the service and maintenance of facilities
- Contribute to project development briefs and supporting documents, including undertaking research, monitoring, analysis of data and document writing
- Coordinating public consultation, writing proofs of evidence and presentations as required at public meetings
- Provide advice and information face to face, on the telephone and in writing to stakeholders, the Public, Councillors and other council staff.
- Attend Operation Committee meetings as required
- Draft tender briefs and manage external consultants/contractors
- Keep up to date with changes and legislation, implement good practice and keep members and colleagues informed
Please call Gin on 01908 921090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or apply today!
A flexible approach, the ability to work well as a team, excellent communication skills and the delivery of high level quality service would make you an ideal candidate for this role.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Milton Keynes Office.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website