Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client, a manufacturer, based in Welwyn Garden City for a Multi-Skilled Engineer
Working Hours: This will be for 38 hours per week. Based on Mon – Thu 8:00am – 4.45pm, Fri 8:00am – 1:00pm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate proven track record working within a tool department / environment with experience in the repair of stainless steel form tools and resin type fixtures with the below skill set:
- Fully competent in the use of conventional milling machines, lathes, and surface grinders, hand held drilling and grinding machines, bench mounted grinder typically used for sharpening drill bits, machine cutting tools etc.
- Experience in MIG & TIG welding, using band saws, power saws & jig saws
- Ability to read & understand engineering / drawing requirements
- Experience in using measuring equipment such as Vernier callipers, micrometres & protractors.
- Familiar with the setting up & operating of pillar and radial drilling machines.
- Must beable to work without direct supervision and to co-operate as part of a team.
- Have an eye for detail and a good level of concentration for the fine tolerances required.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Ability to work in a hot work environment at times
- Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective clothing.
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Health & Safety Training.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follows us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.