Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client, a manufacturer, based in Welwyn Garden City for a Multi-Skilled Engineer in the Tool Room
Working Hours: This will be for 38 hours per week. Based on Mon – Thu 8:00am – 4.45pm, Fri 8:00am – 1:00pm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Preference will be given to those who can demonstrate proven track record working within a tool department / environment with experience in the repair of stainless steel form tools and resin type fixtures with the below skill set:
- Fully competent in the use of conventional milling machines, lathes, and surface grinders, hand held drilling and grinding machines, bench mounted grinder typically used for sharpening drill bits, machine cutting tools etc.
- Experience in MIG & TIG welding
- Experience in using band saws, power saws & jig saws
- Ability to read & understand engineering / drawing requirements
- Experience in using measuring equipment such as Vernier callipers, micrometres & protractors.
- Familiar with the setting up & operating of pillar and radial drilling machines.
- Responsible for ensuring specific polishing operations are carried out
- Able to follow written & verbal instructions.
- Ability to use tools safely and accurately and work in a safe manner with respect to others around you.
- Responsible for ensuring work carried out in accordance with company procedures and maintenance of good working practices, including housekeeping and maintenance.
- Undertake other tasks, including work within other sections, as requested by your line manager within limits of capability and training.
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe environment according to safe practices – report deviation from H&S good practice immediately.
- Ability to drive a folk truck safely to retrieve and replace tools in racks when required.
- Ability to use overhead gantry crane to split tools etc.
- Must be Able to work without direct supervision and to co-operate as part of a team.
- Have an eye for detail and a good level of concentration for the fine tolerances required.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, crawl, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Ability to work in a hot work environment at times
- Be mentally aware in a high risk environment
- Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective clothing.
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Health & Safety Training.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required;
Successful applicants must have previous experience/Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to welding, milling, and lathes and spraying machines.
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply with your most recent CV, or contact Sarah or Roxanne on 01707 377088
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follows us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.