25 Days Holiday & Pension Scheme & Company Vehicle
We are now recruiting on behalf of our client, a dynamic Mechanical or Electrical Technician who is looking to join a global organisation.
The position will require daily travel to customer sites. We look for a candidate in reasonable distance to our clients workshop in Wyboston where all the spare parts are stored, who has experience in Heating Ventilation and Air Condition.
You will have a minimum of a Mechanical recognised apprenticeship, 3 years' experience with mechanical installations and rip outs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
As Mechanical Technician your main responsibilities will be to carry out fan upgrades on-site of listed customers;
• Stocking your van with the correct materials to carry out the fan upgrade. This will include making sure the correct fans and cables are onboard, the van is equipped with the correct consumable parts to carry out the upgrade.
• Once on site, ensure the safe off-load of the equipment.
• Ensure all safety aspects are considered while working on the Unit. Depending on the size of the project, you might oversee a team up to 4 subcontractors.
• Installation of the fan wall according to specifications provided
• Leave customer site in a clean and safe manner at all times. Good housekeeping skills are essential throughout each refurbishment.
• Some customer sites require you to remove waste (big fans and motors) to the customer waste facilities.
Knowledge & Education
• Mechanical recognised apprenticeship, 3 years' experience with mechanical installations and rip outs.
• Used to heavy lifting and safety implications. Confident with cutting and grinding
• Electrical knowledge and experience of 3 phase power supply, with minimum of 17th edition qualification would be advantageous
• Working in the HVAC industry with experience of working with scroll fans and plug fans is desired but not essential
• Good communication skills are required.
• CSCS card
• Prepared to travel to customer sites and stay overnight if needed
• Clean driving license
We are looking to arrange interviews for suitable candidates asap, for a start date in January at the latest.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.