For more information about this job please contact:
Are you an engineer looking for a new role? Do you have experience in Maintenance, electrics and troubleshooting? If so Osborne want to hear from you!
Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Welwyn Garden City for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a career within engineering.
Job Purpose: Maintain site equipment and facilities as directed by the Engineering manager in order to maintain the maximum level of reliability and the minimum level of maintenance costs for all pieces of equipment from the plant.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £42,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Working Hours:3 week Rota Shift Pattern (8 hours a day Monday – Friday)
10pm-6am with 12% uplift on the night shift.
Overtime is required to work 1 in 5 weekends, working 12 hours a day 6am-6pm Saturday and Sunday. This is paid at time and a half on Saturday and Sunday is double time.
Also another shift pattern to be considered is the continental shift, on a temporary basis might be required to work a 4 week period 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights
Week 1 - Wednesday and Thursday (days)
Week 2 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (days)
Week 3 - Wednesday and Thursday (nights)
Week 4 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (nights) and this would include 25% uplift only for this shift
- Maintain and improve equipment reliability through effective and proactive maintenance
- Equipment upgrades
- Advise on repairs and improvements where needed
- Recommend and order spares where required
- Carrying out work as designated / requested by the Engineering Manager, and others to ensure plant availability and performance.
- Carrying out work maintenance tasks as necessary, equipment inspections and overhauls and correct faults that limit equipment reliability
- Carrying out work equipment inspections, and overhauls, ability to diagnose faults ensuring correct or recommend actions are made to the mechanical and electrical systems that improve reliability.
- Action daily engineer activities that are planned proactive reactive and projects
- Follow all Policies and Procedures
- Ensure permit to work system is applies
- Must be able to undertake a physically demanding role
- Must be Health & Safety conscious
- Must be Flexible to unsocial hours (Service Rota that includes Weekends)
- Strong Mechanical understanding
- Strong Electrical understanding
- Have an understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, 5S to introduce it and monitor 5s system within Maintenance shop
- Strong Communication skills
- Knowledge of the plant and production methods.
- Proactive, Self-motivated, ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Knowledge of Procurement system
- Ensuring all relevant paper work is completed
- Providing excellent customer service to customers
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct with your CV or call Sarah on 01707 377088.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website