For more information about this job please contact:
Are you a experienced Equipment Engineer? Do you have a background as a Service and Maintenance Engineer? If you this could be the role for you!
Osborne Appointments have an exciting opportunity for an Equipment Engineer for our client based in Huntingdon. You will working in the Equipment Engineering team, and be responsible for the upkeep of Operations production assets. You will assist the Equipment Engineering team in delivering a planned and responsive support service to Equipment.
The role is Monday to Friday on a shift rota (one week early and one week late)
Early 6am - 2:15pm, Monday - Thursdays and 6am - 1pm Fridays
Late 2pm - 10pm, Monday - Thursdays and 1pm - 8:45pm Fridays
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme
- on site free parking
- flexible benefits, including purchase of extra annual leave, etc.
- Ensure that effective preventative maintenance and breakdown assistance is performed on all process equipment so that it runs to maximum efficiency with minimal downtime.
- Contributes to sourcing and purchasing spare parts for equipment, gathering data and costings where appropriate to ensure the shortest possible machine outages,
- Writes report and completes log books for all equipment modified to ensure traceability, on a what, where and when basis, and contributes to new and updated SOPs. Ensures All reports delivered in a timely manner and SOPs kept relevant and up to date.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Provide back up for the Facilities Management team where necessary to ensure minimum downtime.
- Contribute to the generation of TP standards and documentation within the production system.
- Technically competent and comfortable with being hands on
- Confident working autonomously and using own initiative
- Able to make decisions accordingly, plan own workload and prioritise appropriately.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Clean driving licence
- Possibly will be required to travel to attend specialist training courses to maintain and develop technical knowledge.
- Committed to an environment of continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- A background as a Service/maintenance Engineer, multi-skilled with an electrical bias.
- Electronics qualified ot HNC or HND or equipment experience
- Prior working knowledge of Optical equipment (working with industrial lasers would be an advantage)
- Electrical/mechanical and PLC fault finding experience
- PC Controlled automated equipment experience essential
- Some facilities/production process background advantageous
- Microsoft Office (Excel) experience
- Computer Literate
- Experience using CMMS and PPM of production equipment
- TPM and OEE understanding
- Vacuum Deposition systems equipment experience would be an advantage
- Automated assembly and vision recognition systems would be an advantage
- 6 axis robotic handling systems is desirable
- Experience of working in a cleanroom and a Continuous Improvement environment
- Understanding of mobile work order processing and handling using tablet based system, is an advantage.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like some more information please contact Gemma Taylor 01480 277997 or email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA St Neots Office.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.