For more information about this job please contact:
Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer? Are you available immediately? Can you commit to on-going temporary work?
We have an on-going temporary role based locally in Bedford for an experienced Maintenance Engineer. You will be assisting the maintenance manager by undertaking both a reactive and proactive approach to carrying out all production plant machinery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out ongoing maintenance; including routine checks, responding to and diagnosing breakdown problems in order to minimize unplanned down time.
- Monitor the performance of equipment after repairs have been carried out.
- Fitting new parts and making sure all equipment is in working order and is also compliant with safety and legislative standards.
- Follow safe working practices and methods put in place for H&S reasons
- Experience at fault finding and working to preventative maintenance schedules
- Some recent experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Demonstrate a track record of technical competence, working pro-actively and managing your time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills
The hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4pm with overtime available. Ideally you will have your own transport however there is public transport to the location.
Dependent on your experience the hourly rate will be between £14 and £15.69.
This role is available immediately so you will need to be free and able to work.
Please apply today with your up to date CV or contact Karen on 01234 347069 to discuss in more detail.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact Karen at the OA Bedford Office. Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website