For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are recruiting for a Heading setter on behalf of our client, based in Welwyn Garden City on a Permanent basis.
Do you have experience in engineering or mechanical automotive industry?
If so we would love to hear from you!
Profile and Key Competences
This is a very important role within the business and you will need to be a good team player that is able to communicate effectively with other setters, supervisors and at all levels of the company.
- To set and operate cold forming machines to the Company’s standards.
- To be responsible for the quality of parts produced and ensure they conform to company standards and product drawings.
Essential Job Functions
- To ensure all company procedures are followed with respect to product testing (crack testing etc.).
- To ensure relevant records are made for daily work (time sheets), wire issues and quality checks.
- To run machines at the speeds and achieve set up times as recorded on works orders
- Assist the Forming Manager in improving changeover times, machine run efficiencies, and tooling set ups.
- Prepare, store and polish tooling as required to ensure good machine up time.
- Place tooling in tool wash machine to clean and prepare for storage or use for another set up.
- Keep work area clean and tidy to help minimise the risk of accidents.
- Review forward production schedules to better coordinate tooling availability.
- Coordinates tooling priorities with the Tool Room, Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing departments.
- Keeps other departments informed of unusual tooling problems.
- Coordinates with engineering the accuracy of all tooling prints.
- Documents defective tooling and assist with corrective action analysis of failed tooling.
- Good Engineering or Mechanical background.
- Strong mathematics skills; ability to read and write clearly.
- Able to use and operate a Windows based computer system.
- Must have excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Previous experience with and understanding of, tooling and machine operations.
Working Hours: -
You will normally work a 39 hour week of five days Monday to Friday.
Your period of work alternates on a weekly basis and your normal starting time is 06.00 and your normal finishing time is 14.00 Monday to Thursday and 06.00 until 13.00 Friday with a 20 minute paid break to be taken at a time as advised by your Supervisor.
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct with your CV or contact Roxanne or Sarah on 01707 377088 to discuss potential opportunities available for you.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.