The Role: Planner
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Location: Logistics Centre – Bedford
Overview: Responsible for the efficient planning and allocation of all resources (manpower / vehicles) to satisfy customer orders in line with weekly delivery schedule.
• To plan and schedule all incoming orders via Salesforce into the weekly Delivery Schedule (Excel).
• Prepare all necessary paperwork packs for the Warehouse and Installation Teams.
• To book all vehicle and manpower resource for the delivery and installation of customer orders.
• To take full ownership of the Delivery Schedule.
• Ensure all daily role specific routines are strictly adhered to.
• To provide statistics / reports as directed by line manager.
Due to the changing nature of our business, your role profile will be continually updated to reflect those activities the business requires to be carried out. You will also from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, and as directed by your immediate Leader.
• BA in Business Logistics or similar relevant field.
• Previous working experience working in Logistics environment for 3 years.
• Planning and organisational.
• Hands on experience with planning software.
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
• Have enthusiasm and drive to succeed.
• Team player.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Understand the importance of and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Have a logical and systematic approach to work.
• The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions.
• A positive attitude.
• Good time-management skills.
If this sounds like something you'd like to get involved with then apply today! Some fantastic opportunities to be had with this company. If you need any more information then please contact Nicola on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01234 347069.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.