This role will involve:
- Providing administrative support to one or more solicitors
- Effectively communicating with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners
- Greeting visitors and perform initial screening of clients
My client is based in Bedford near the town centre and are a lovely company to work for, whilst also being well established and a company where there is plenty of room for progression for the right candidate.
My client is looking for a specialized Legal Secretary to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. You will work under the supervision of an attorney and will also provide support in assigned legal cases. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients
- Attend trials and type minutes
- Write case briefs and synopses of depositions, contracts and testimony
- Conduct thorough statistical/ documentary research
- Source and verify important case intelligence
- Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Proven experience as legal secretary
- Knowledge of constitution, legal terminology, regulations and court system
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Outstanding time-management and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- Legal Secretary certification or diploma
If all of this sounds like something you’d like to get involved with, the apply today – salary varies depending on experience, any further info needed please contact Nicola on email@example.com or 01234 347069
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.