For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join our client based in Welwyn Garden City with an Understanding of Lean Principles
Workings closely with the operations to ensure manufactured products are of a consistent quality and are fully compliant to legislation, standards and looking and continous improvement.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Shift pattern between the hours of 05.45 and 22.00
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 Depending on experience
- Carry out the day-to-day quality control processes within the operational and lab environments
- Ensure that raw material, in-process, and product testing is effectively, accurately and promptly carried out using specified methods
- Review pre-batch powders sheets for corrections or make conversions /adjustments on admixture sheets.
- Accurately record results in Day Books and SAP.
- Advise on corrective actions and appropriate recording methods to maintain manufactured product within specification
- Perform and record production first off checks ‘Right first time' Audits
- Carry out and report upon investigative test work required i.e., non-conforming product, goods returned, ageing stock, customer returns or alternative sources of raw materials.
- Fulfil periodic testing and recording requirements in line with Trade Effluent consent, related to COD, suspended solids etc.
- Manage rework to return to stock, or to be disposed of, via Quarantine Database and/or Specialist Waste log following the quarantine procedure.
- Maintain a high standard of laboratory cleanliness.
- Ensure that test equipment is properly and correctly used, calibrated, and maintained to specified standards and that safe working practices are adopted at all times.
- Ensure that adequate materials are available in the laboratory in order to fulfil the Quality Control function.
Skills / Experience required:
- Work to continous improvement and remove waste
- Have an understandong of Lean Principles
- Experience of working in a Quality Control/Manufacturing/Production environment
- Practical experience / knowledge of handling building type products
- strong team player
- personable with an awareness of how to effectively communicate
- willingness to continually work on your own learning and development
- Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Excel
- Must be flexible with working hours
To discuss this role in more detail, please call Sarah - 01707 377 088
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.