Osborne Appointments are recruiting for a Junior Accounts Assistant to join a fast paced environment within our client in Watford.
This company specialise in shipping consumer goods to Europe and The Middle East, they are looking for someone to be based in their office in Watford as part of their accounts department to assist with accounts and focus on credit control.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress in a financial role; some previous experience in a similar role is desired however this position is open to candidates who are looking to gain more knowledge and experience in this type of environment.
Hours - MON – FRI – 8:30-5:30PM
Salary - £18,000 - £25,000
Benefits will include:
- 20 paid holidays per annum + Bank Holidays
- Good local transport facilities – driving desirable
- Upbeat and competitive environment
- Opportunities to progress
- Smart/casual dress code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field – Desired
- Experience in Microsoft packages particularly Excel – Essential
- Experience of working in credit control, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports.
- Some experience in SAGE line 50 – Desired
- Experience with SAP Business One – Desired
- Languages for Middle East useful but is not essential
- Displaying excellent communication and telephone skills
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase order with invoices
- Monitor office expenses and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balance
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes.
Credit Control Duties:
- Receiving and responding to clients via email and phone
- Collecting payments from outstanding invoices
- Serving as liaison between the customer and various departments as well as the banks
- Developing a good understanding and relationship with all customers
- Advising of different payment methods and set up payment arrangements accordingly
- Being able to give advice to reflect customers individual circumstances
- Conducting credit searches on new suppliers and customers
- Detailing and maintaining central records for payment plans and customer accounts
- Assisting with the allocation of payments received and taking a decisive approach to errors
- Daily cash receipt posting
- Production of sundry and ad hoc invoices
- Daily/weekly cash reporting
- Regular debt monitoring and reporting
- Production of debt chasing reminder letters
- Follow up to automated reminder letter process
- Prepare and send invoices.
- Record customer billings.
- Record customer payments.
- Monthly - Update payroll file.
- Monthly - Review forecasted cash flow
- Annually - Evaluate annual profit and loss estimates
- Make quarterly payroll payments
- Make quarterly sales tax payments
- Make quarterly income tax payments
- Analyse year-end inventory.
- Fill out IRS forms -
- Review full-year financial reports
- Review tax returns
This is a varied role with the opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge in the financial sector along with the chance to learn new skills. If this sounds like a role for you then please apply today.
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activities, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.