I.T Support Analyst
Purpose of the role:
The principal focus of this job is to support all business staff in their interaction with I.T. This will typically involve managing the resolution of issues as and when they occur, acting as liaison between users and the external software suppliers we outsource our I.T to. The job is however considerably more varied and will also involve the configuration of internally managed systems, training staff on systems etc., involvement in user acceptance testing of new systems development, writing test plans and managing small change projects.
- Supporting our business users through the resolution of I.T related issues. This involves the analysis, evaluation and clarification with users of I.T issues raised via the Helpdesk system. It further involves identifying the relevant outsource software supplier to resolve the issue and managing the fix and implementation process, whilst keeping the relevant business users up to date with progress.
- Providing expert advice to business users on the Microsoft product suite.
- Providing management information around Helpdesk performance and systems downtime.
- Managing a continual performance improvement programme with outsource suppliers through the management of action points raised during regular meetings / reviews.
- Act as Administrator to the main in-house supported system which will involve the configuration and management of product rules, workflows etc. and their testing before being released to the users.
- Assisting with the User acceptance testing of new system releases
- Liaising with business areas to define system enhancement requirements and the creation of specifications to allow third party suppliers to provide estimates
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning & Organising
- Team Orientation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Energetic and keen to learn
- Organised and methodical approach to issue resolution
- Good analysis skills
- Calm under pressure and resilient
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of working in an I.T support environment (minimum 12 months)
- Knowledge of good data security practices
- A good all round knowledge of the Microsoft product suite.
- A good all round knowledge of the Apple product suite.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.