For more information about this job please contact:
We are a growing company and looking for a motivated, calm and efficient person to join our business to support our reception and office administration.
You will act as the first point of contact for visitors and to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by the Line Manager.
You must be friendly, client-facing, strong communicator, well-organized and able to work well within a busy office environment.
• Managing main telephone switchboard and Reception area from 9am – 5.30pm.
• Ensure transferring telephone calls, taking brief messages and passing these on
via the email system or connecting callers to staff members’ direct line/
• Review and update the staff contact and telephone extension lists as required.
• Greet and welcome visitors (offering drinks) to the showroom, ensuring they sign
in the visitor’s book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
• Monitor and ensure that the reception/showroom/kitchen area is kept tidy and
projects a business-like image.
• Help maintain kitchen area and ensure dishwashers are regularly emptied.
• Ensure that the kitchen is well stocked with Milk, sugar, tea, coffee, fruit, kitchen
• Provide administrative and general support to the Showroom Manager and
ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations.
• Process and deliver internal and external mail daily.
• Report any telephone equipment and line faults to the Showroom Manager and
• Overseeing social media accounts
• Relationship Building
• Information Seeking
• Team working and Co-operation
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• Ability to prioritise tasks
• Attention to detail
• Commercial awareness
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
• Excellent written skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Computer literate (Microsoft office: Word, Excel)
• Ability to acquire other skills as necessary to support office and reception duties
• Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to
work as part of a team.
• Smart and business-like appearance
• Ability to work to a high standard (and while under pressure).
• Commitment to the company’s core values
Note: this job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities and
activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Barnet Office.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website