For more information about this job please contact:
An exciting role as become avaiable for a Financial Accountant to join a sucessful company in Cambridge.
My client is looking for a highly proficient Financial Accountant to join the Corporate Accounts function. Key responsibilities include, but are not liited to, assisting in the corporate compliance processes to ensure all finanial reporting and tax deadlines are adhered to and all figures are provided in an accurate and timely manner. The role will be responsible for and supporting areas of corporate copliance and reporting, audit, tax, overseas entities and branches, equity and investor relations.
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days Annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible benefits
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm, or 9am – 5:30pm
- Assistant the Corporate Reporting Manager in the completion of the group IFRS financial statements, interim report, and subsidiary FRS 101 annual financial statements, and audit process, including responsibility for accurate notes and disclosures, sections of the report, which will include liaising with the auditors, tax advisors and publishers.
- Responsibilities within Corporate Accounts for group consolidation accounting and management of accounting standard changes, technical accounting papers, policies review, documentation and compliance.
- Month end responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with the preparation of consolidated monthly accounts, including accounting adjustments, inputs for finance accruals and prepayments, reconciliations, lease accounting, and cash flow analysis.
- Corporation tax compliance responsibilities for group companies and branches globally (including US, Denmark, Hong Kong), including preparing supporting data inputs and reviewing tax computations.
- Statutory company filing requirements for group companies globally and branches globally.
- Equity and investor accountabilities; IFRS 2 accounting, share options registers, work with the brokers, registrars, trusts and HR for share option transactions, HMRC filings, dividend processing etc.
- Complete other finance tasks as required by the Corporate Accounts Team as they arise and where required, to support the effective performance of the finance function.
- Work with the wider finance team on various areas across the finance functions to achieve common goals and drive continuous improvement, including the audit process, budgeting process, intercompany accounting, compliance with the accounting standards etc
- Effective communication, both written and verbal with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and self-review of work
- Logical, thorough, proactive and methodical in approach
- Drive and determination to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Positive can-do attitude
- Team Player with a collaborative approach
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience working in a similar financial/corporate accounting role for a preferably international and listed company
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Tax experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience working in an R&D and/or manufacturing environment would be an advantageous
- Good Microsoft Excel Skills
For more information or to discuss this role please contact Gemma Taylor on 01480 277997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA St Neots Office.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.