Are you a Financial Manager ready to take the next step to Director Level? Or a Financial Director looking for a change of sector or just to join a fab new company? Do you want to work for a modern and flourishing company in based in Bedford? One that looks after its staff and has an early finish on a Friday…
This company is rapidly growing and they are looking for an individual that will add to an already ambitious team. You will need to have the ability to function in a dynamic, contracting environment and high a high level of accuracy. If this sounds like you… keep on reading.
- To manage the financial, commercial and IT strategy interests of the business.
- To ensure efficient control of management accounts.
- To prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts for submission to the board.
- To provide financial analysis to the board of Directors to support profitable growth.
- To monitor performance against budget and forecast.
- To prepare all annual budgets and monthly forecasts with Senior Management.
- Produce and update the 13 week rolling cash forecast.
- To manage banking facilities within agreed limits and manage working capital accordingly.
- To develop accounting and administrative systems within the business.
- To oversee all aspects of accounting and payroll.
- To manage and develop the finance team.
- To ensure statutory information is provided to HMRC in a timely manner.
- To liaise with and provide relevant analysis to external auditors and insurance advisors.
- Ensure the stock system is correctly administered and stock takes completed.
- Preparation of year-end audit schedules.
- Attend monthly board meeting and present financial data/analysis.
- To oversee all general contracts for the business in liaison with legal advisors.
- To oversee all customer quotations.
- To oversee IT strategy and implementation.
- Provide analysis and justification for capital expenditure.
- Manage suitable funding for the operation and growth of the business.
- Participate in building the strategy of the business including potential acquisition activity.
The above is not a complete and exhaustive list and other duties may be required to be undertaken as and when necessary.
Skills & Competencies:
- Qualified Accountant
- Commercial Awareness
- Understanding Risk Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent on Microsoft Office products, and Accounting Software
- Effective communication with finance and non-finance staff.
- Good understanding of the organisations objectives, operations and market environment.
- Taking a critical and methodical approach when problem solving.
- Broad understanding of technical accounting issues.
- Assessing and facilitating change
- Leading others, managing resources and delegating effectively.
- Flexible in supporting business needs.
- Previous managerial experience within a finance department
- Familiar with Salesforce, Xero, Rootstock and Sage X3 software.
This positon reports directly into the CEO, with two direct reporting departments finance and IT and Quotations. The finance Director will have a direct working relationship with the Board of Directors and management across the business.
If you think this could be the role for you, and you are ready to hit the ground running in a company that is thriving then please apply today! If you have any questions or would like more information beforehand, please ring Nicola on 01234 347069 or email her at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.