For more information about this job please contact:
Are you an experienced financial controller looking for a new position within an exciting dynamic company?
Can you help a company to move forward in the next stage of growth?
Do you want some flexibility in your role?
I am looking for a financial controller to join a dynamic company that is growing and becoming a leader in its market place.
The responsibilities of the financial controller role are as follows:
1) Regular monthly bank reconciliations.
2) Maintaining the monthly payroll, PAYE and NIC payments.
3) The completion and filing of quarterly VAT returns.
4) Work with the Finance Director on the production of monthly management accounts
5) Introduce extracts from forecasts into management accounts.
6) Budgets and Forecasts - This has been the responsibility of the Finance Director and for the time being will remain so, but you will be asked to become familiar with their preparation and over time and (as your time permits), to become increasing involved in their update and preparation.
7) Employee costs – this currently constitutes 65% of total overhead costs there we need simple but effective summaries of this cost to measure against budget
8) Cash flow – to identify and manage month end payment run – with a view to ensuring that our creditors are paid on time, such that our credit status for managing our debts, (as and when they fall due) remains high.
9) Pensions – we run a stakeholder pension scheme through Standard Life.
10) Production of draft annual accounts for Whiting and Co, Chartered Accountants to finalise and review ready for filing to the various regulatory authorities.
Salary & Benefits
Up to £40k FTE note that currently this may be a part time role over 4 days so this would be pro rota but there is the expectation that the role will continue to grow and become a full time position.
There is some flexibility around working from home but you would be required to be in the office 2 – 3 days per week.
To apply please contact Kelly at Osborne Appointments Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01234 347069
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.