For more information about this job please contact:
Are you an experienced individual within the events/hospitality sector, seeking a new opportunity?
Would you like to work for an amazing organisation who really value their employees?
A client of OA is recruiting for an exciting position within the sales and events department of their Hotel located in St. Albans. If you are an organised, ‘people’ person looking for a new career change – this could be the role for you!
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Office incentives
- Free onsite parking
- Enrolment onto the company pension scheme
- 50% discount on meals in the hotel
- Friends and families rates on stays
- Annual leave increase over 2 years of service
- Working within a lovely, supportive team!
- Provide effective co-ordination of all Conference and Events and assisting when necessary, within the Wedding Business.
- Convert all enquires coming through to the Conference Sales Office and be aware of the Enquiry Conversion set by the Sales Manager.
- Conduct show rounds for Conferences, Weddings and Special Events, ensuring that correct information is given to the appropriate enquiry.
- Up selling opportunities are identified.
- Deliver effective communication between the Conference Office and Operations ensuring successful delivery of all events.
- Produce accurate function sheets for each event with clear billing instructions and communication of these to the Operations team.
- Assist with organisation of Wedding Showcases to highlight the property to the local wedding and banqueting market.
- Maximise revenue through regular communication within your department.
- Ensure all booking information is recorded accurately and handed over to the operational team.
- Promote a helpful and professional image to the customer, giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention.
- Enhance the quality of service offered by the property, to ensure customer loyalty is maintained.
- Maintain visibility to the customer and perform a role within the meet and greet.
The ideal candidate:
- You will need excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative.
- Experience of working in a similar Coordinator role, ideally within a 4* quality hotel/events centre
- Have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude
- Be customer focused with a commitment to delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Communication skills are essential, with the ability to build strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business and to create a rapport with guests
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a drive to succeed to be the best
- You must also be fully IT literate
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate an all-round knowledge of the hotel industry and some Knowledge and experience of Opera
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website