Osborne Appointments are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Co-ordinator to join our client based in Hemel Hempstead.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for the management of all Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programmes and issues to ensure the protection of employees from industrial accidents, occupational and environmental health hazards and fire.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write, review, update and implement EHS programs, procedures, reports and training as required
- Inspect, audit, assess and sample all facility activities related to ensuring environmental compliance
- Assist in the development of environmental policies and procedures
- Develop, coordinate and present training programs for EHS related subjects
- Train, coach and mentor others to improve their EHS effectiveness
- Investigate incidents and near misses to determine root cause and provide corrective action that eliminates repeat occurrences
- Collect EHS metric information, provide data and various reports
- Manage wellness programs
- Maintain liaison with regulatory agencies
Experience / Skills required:
- Previous EHS experience is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS UK laws and regulations
- Experience creating and presenting EHS training
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent IT skills (Microsoft Package)
- Proactive work ethic
- Ability to work independently
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact us – 01707 377 088
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.