For more information about this job please contact:
Are you a mechanical or electrical engineer that wants to work for a business that takes care of its teams and always strives to promote from within?
We are looking for an engineering operative to join a busy team near Ely where there is always scope for progression and many employees grow and develop with the company to achieve their career aspirations.
The main responsibility of this role is to maintain machinery, services and supplies to the site, in line with planned preventative maintenance measures, this ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all employees and the optimum running efficiency of all equipment.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Management Support - Assist the Engineering Team Leader in providing a timely and support service to all the site production operations, thus minimising the disruption caused by breakdowns and reducing their impact upon Service Level Agreements.
- Prioritising Workload - In liaison with the Engineering Team Leader, ensuring that all jobs are prioritised in a manner that minimises disruption to production and facilitates the production process.
- Training/Coaching - Develop the skill base of the Engineering Team through the coaching, training, and development of those not equipped with similar skills. Utilise the experience of others to initiate one’s own personal development.
- Continuous Professional Development - In liaison with the Engineering Manager, ensure an up-to-date knowledge of all new legislation and techniques concerning your sphere of employment and request training as appropriate.
- Through the utilisation of strong communication links within the Engineering Team and the use of forecasting requirements, monitor and maintain stock levels of commonly used parts on the site and ensure all engineering requirements are fully met, year-round, in a cost effective manner.
- Responsible for the ordering of equipment and parts and for the authorisation of any single item to the value of £1,000.
- Responsible for the safe storage and effective use of parts held within the site stores up to the value of £3-5,000.
If you want to join a team where you can really create a lifelong career then apply now with your CV!
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.