For more information about this job please contact:
Electrical Installation Manager
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Installation Manager to join a dynamic forward-thinking company based in Rushden, specialising in Industrial sites.
Do you want to be instrumental in growing and running The Installation Department? Inspiring other to achieve, excel and be the best they can be? We require a “hands on” manager who can lead a team to become better.
The work is mainly on industrial sites such as Recycling, printing, packaging, manufacturing but also on farms and commercial sites.
We work on various sizes of jobs, from installing a whole recycling line, and power upgrades to small printers that just require an extra supply to a machine.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Installation team.
- Address people issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure timely completion of planned activities.
- Manage the Installation department for profitability in accordance with defined budgets.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative solutions.
- Manage staff and resource utilisation for maximum operational effectiveness.
- Conduct Site Visits.
- Produce accurate quotations as required ensuring profitability on each job.
- Issue site instructions.
- Ensure apprentices are appropriately trained and utilised according to their abilities.
- Liaise with both the ECA and the NICEIC.
- Ensuring the team is kept up to date with the latest regulations.
- Leading projects.
- Ensuring work compliance with the latest regulations.
- To undertake site installation work.
- On-site maintenance and service.
- Represent the Company to both employees, suppliers and customers in a positive manner at all times.
- Present a professional image at all times setting examples for the Installation team.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Problem solving
- Ensuring management and directors are informed of issues in a timely manner.
- 18th Edition is essential
- Team management and planning.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Solution focused.
- Problem solving
- IPAF Certificate advantageous
- ECS Card advantageous
- 2391 Test & Inspection an advantage
- NVQ level 3/AM2 or equivalent
- Previous experience within a similar role working in an industrial environment
- Good manual skills for electronic and electrical installation tasks
- The ability to be able to work independently or as part of a team
- £40,000 - £45,000 per year, plus overtime.
- 25 Days holiday per year.
- When travelling from home to site and back– actual travel time paid.
- Mobile phone for work purposes only.
- Work van for work purposes only – We pay for your fuel to and from your home.
- Pension scheme
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Based in Rushden, Northamptonshire.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.