For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are recruiting for an exciting new opportunity as an Edgebander Operator on behalf of our well established client, based in Letchworth Garden City on a Permanent basis.
Do you have experience in edgebanding?
Then this could be the perfect job for you!
Profile and Key Competences
This is a very important role within the business and you will need to be a good team player that is able to communicate effectively with other members of staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Edge all the differnt job folders in line with planned schedule
- Ensure all Edging tape is applied in relation to the specification shown on the cutting list
- Ensure all panels are safely loaded to the machine
- Ensure Edging quality is to expected standards and adjust machine accordingly
- Monitor Edging time vs planning time
- Ensure glue pot is maintained
- Maintain Machine
- Good Engineering or Mechanical background.
- Strong mathematics skills; ability to read and write clearly.
- Able to use and operate a Windows based computer system.
- Must have excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Previous experience with and understanding of edgebander operation and working with timber would be advantageous
Working Hours: -
You will normally work a 40 hour week of five days Monday - Friday 8am - 4.30pm
- Overtime is paid at 1.5 after completion of the 40 hours per week.
- Shift allowance is paid at 1.25 after 4:30pm when working on late shift
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills. Team work and communication skills are important, alongside with lifting heavy items.
If you would be interested in this position, please call Charlotte on 01707 377088 or apply online with your CV
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. (Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the Welwyn Garden City Office)
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website