Credit Controller – Part Time – School Working hours!
Would you like the chance to get involved in a well-established company based in Bedford? One that takes care of their staff, and is a great place to work? Well carry on reading…
The Credit Controller is responsible for;
Using internal procedures and experience to achieve period targeted KPI's - activities will include;
- Collecting debt from debtors ledger (value circa £1.0m) - working to prevent and reduce the debt rolling into 60/90 days by pro-actively resolving issues and preventing the bottle-neck.
- Credit checking all new customers
- Maintaining accurate notes and records on CASH and spreadsheets
- Building and maintaining long standing relationships whilst ensuring customer accounts are maintained within agreed credit terms.
- Instructing external collection agencies
- Raising credit notes
- Allocating payments and updating ledgers
- Forecasting collections
- Escalating collection activity and taking legal action if necessary
- Working with operational and sales departments on query resolution
- Resolving all customer queries promptly, meeting with customers where necessary to deliver the highest standards of service
- Other administrative tasks to support the Finance and wider team
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following competencies: -
- Excellent approach to customer services - both internal and external
- Self driven and pro-active approach to collections with the ability to develop a rapport with customers
- Ability and initiative to prioritise workloads and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication - we employ personable people and want this to shine through to our customers. There is a high volume of calls expected so this should be your preferred method of communication.
- Target driven with resilience and desire to smash targets
- Solid knowledge of credit control procedures
- Flexible attitude to adapt to change
- Teamwork is essential, so rolling your sleeves up is a must.
The hours are Monday-Friday 9.30-3.30 – there can be a little flexibility around this. The salary is circa £19,000 once pro-rata (which works out just below £14,000 per year or more if you don’t want your half hour unpaid break).
Additionally there is the opportunity to earn a bonus of £150 per month and an annual bonus of up to £900 based on company performance. The company also offer free parking, private healthcare, pension, cycle scheme and the business is very much focused around developing their people.
If this role sounds like something you may be interested in, please apply today. Any further information please contact Nicola on 01234 347069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go, Go, Go!
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days. Should you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact the OA Bedford office on 01234 347069..
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.