For more information about this job please contact:
Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Hatfield for a General Catering assistant on a permanent basis to join their in-house catering team, producing over 1000 top quality meals per day alongside a varied range of hospitality including Fine Dining.
The hours of work will be 40 hours a week based on a 3 week cycle. Tuesday – Saturday
(X2 weeks early 7am – 3.30pm, X1 week lates 12noon – 8.30pm) (Saturday will always be an early shift)
The Overall Purpose of this role is to keep the Catering Front of House areas clean and tidy adhering to Health and Safety and Food Safety procedures.
• Prepare counters and dining areas for service.
• Service of hot and cold food and beverages (stocking and cleaning)
• To serve food for events or lets
• Replenishing of counters.
• Clearing and cleaning counters of debris during service.
• Clearing and cleaning counters and service equipment after service.
• Clearing and cleaning dining room tables and chairs.
• Washing and drying crockery, cutlery and glassware by machine or hand.
• Clean and restock drink machines in the serving room.
• Keep the serving area floor clean.
• To set up and Clean up from additional events provided by the Catering department
• Duties in other school areas including Pavilion, Hartley Staff Room, Head’s End Rooms, Trew staff Dining Room and Terrace Room.
• Any other reasonable duties requested by Management Team.
• To Take a responsibility to ensure great service at all times
• To Direct any Casual and agency Staff
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• An understanding of the role from the information provided
• Good communication skills
• Good team worker
• Health and Safety knowledge
• Flexible and responsible approach to work as this role demands
If you are interested in the role, or would like to know more please apply online with your CV or call and ask for Sarah Rushton on 01707 377088
Our client is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and all applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service
This position is advertised on behalf of Osborne appointments that was Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follows us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.